According to the standard EN 1402-1, Ultra-Low Cement Castable designates a family of castables for which the lime (CaO) content varies from 0.2% to 1%.
Ultra-Low Cement Castable (ULCC) belongs to the deflocculated castable category.
Technical articles on www.secar.net are available on Ultra-Low Cement Castable:
- 004 - The advantage of calcium aluminate cement containing castables for steel ladle applications
- 2003 - The use of calcium aluminate cements in monolithic refractories for steel applications
- 2002 - The use of calcium aluminate cements in monolithic refractories for tundish applications
- 1999 - The design fundamentals of high technology castables - an understanding for steelmakers
- 1999 - An approach to formulate spinel forming castables
- 1997 - Chemical interactions in calcium aluminate cement (CAC) based castables containing magnesia
- 1997 - Calcium aluminate cement (CAC) based castables for demanding applications
- 1996 - Workability of calcium aluminate cement based castables containing magnesia